I'm officially away from today, through the New Year. Q4 is a time I take away from my regular responsibilities and try new things, dream new dreams, conjure and create, and historically come back more relaxed, happy, and ready to take on my world in new and/or different ways.
This year, I'm specifically going to be conjuring what's next for me professionally. I'm sooooo excited to see what I come back with.
I love doing this, and have been doing it each year (with only a couple of exceptions) for a very long time. Certainly, I love what being away does for me in any number of directions. But every bit as much, I love hearing from you guys, as I have over the years, about how my doing this encourages you to take more time away from your own businesses, or helps you talk with clients who work far too much, or far too crazily. Your stories are exciting to me especially when they share how much more free you feel when you head in the direction of giving yourself more space.
We're not meant to live on gerbil wheels. We deserve time to rest and regroup, time to think and consider, and room to just BE. I think those things can really happen only when you put some distance between yourself and your regular routine. And so I go.
In the meantime, here on VMoxie, I've done a round-up... a dive into the archives to curate a list--a baker's dozen of some terrific posts that you can review if you've a mind to. A review is always good, and I find readers rarely have time to read archives (at least that's true for me!). In this way, you'll still get some great moxie each week, and I can really be away, as I should be.
- Whenever You See Two Options, Choose the Third
- Virtual Assistance Was Never Designed to be the Cheap Option
- Listen to Interviews With Terrific VAs!
- Build Trust Through Vulnerability
- Incentives are Seductive Lies. Be Honest and Ask For the Business You Want
- The Ultimate in Moxie—Do You Have It?
- Stop Struggling; Start Scheduling!
- Hard-Won Wisdom for Healing Hurt Feelings
- Don't Disappoint by Being Unwilling to Disappoint
- When Honoring Others Dishonors You
- No More Ass-Kissing!
- On Being At Choice
- How to Create Reserves
I hope you have a lovely fourth quarter full of success and moxie, and that your holidays, however you celebrate them, will bring you joy.
See you in '16!!